Monday, May 03, 2010

ME


...as in Mary Engelbreit Home Companion Workshop in St Louis, MO....What an amazing event that was. I signed up because I was super excited to get a chance to meet someone I admired so much, Mary Engelbreit, but it ended up that I just loved everything! The Chase Park Plaza was amazing. So beautiful, comfortable and friendly. I felt like Elouise at the Plaza in NY. We got to tour Mary's studio and look at all the things I had seen in the magazines up close. There was a wonderful luncheon with chuck full goodie bags. The classes I took were perfect....Kaari Meng from French General, my buddy Charlotte Lyons, Wendy Addison and Kathy Curotto. The seminars were really great too..Sheila Meehan and Margo Tantau. I learned so much and it all really made me ask myself some questions and it turned on a few lights that were getting dim... Sukey was a delight to travel with and we even had a tornado warning...sirens and all!

3 comments:

Mary Stanley said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Can't wait to see your Goodie bag!

charlotte said...

so great to see you, Syd! wish I'd had more time to hang out with you and Sukie.... (gosh, didn't even get to say goodby). it was really amazing tho and I'm so glad you were there and had a good time. xoxo

Tara's Art Camp said...

ooooh, I can't wait to hear more about "your lights". What a great trip!