Saturday, May 30, 2009

Art and Soul


Penny, Susan B B. and I went to Asilomar this week for a 3 day art retreat. It was great. Easy drive, outstanding teachers, relaxing atmosphere and fun travel-mates. I had great tablemates: Liz, Dana and the oh so fabulous Penny. It was great to catch up with some old friends: Bee, Catherine, and Michael...and meet some new friends. I had Richard Salley for found object bezels,
Judy Wise for encaustic

and Stephanie Lee for a painting on cracked plaster technique.
I loved it all. We stopped in Pacific Grove before we checked in and went to our fave fabric store, Back Porch and then checked out a beautiful shop
called Diamonds and Rust.
On the way home, after breakfast in Carmel at Katey's Kitchen, we tracked down a lovely shop in Carmel Valley called Tancredi and Morgan. I would like to visit this area again. We saw lots of cool stuff.

AND today...I got a package from the fabulous Tara! We are working on a co-lab that is sooooo fun. I will add some pics soon...but Tara did the most exciting doll, portfolio and painting for me......now the burden is on me...yikes!

4 comments:

Mary Stanley said...

love your projects! and new places to visit!!!fun!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Yea! Happy it got there safe.

susans said...

tell me more about painting on plaster!

Syd said...

S, Oh I will be telling you all about it...we should have a day we all get plastered...we could have a couple drinks too....