Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy happy day!!!!

Earl's surgery went very well and he is resting comfortably in ICU for the night. He has every tube imaginable coming out of such imaginative places. But he is alert and in no pain at the moment. They even plan to get him up tomorrow and possibly move him out of the ICU. The tumor remnants were removed and the lymph-nods looked good according to Dr. West. The surgery was a little over 4 hours but took another 7 hours before they had a room available. I was the last person in the surgery waiting room.....I could not see him until he was in a room.....

Thank you everyone for your prayers and healing thoughts. We are so touched and overwhelmed by the outpour of love by all. I know I don't have everyone's email here...I have been up since 3AM....so pass the word. I will keep updating on my blog.

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

such good news, my prayers are with you and Earl. Hugs your way. xo...

Claudia Golden said...

Dearest Syd and Earl,

There are many reasons, known and unknown, for people caring for people, we don't know each other well, but thoughts and prayers are universal...and necessary...mine are with you both, and your lovely family.

good news, good smiles, good friends

Claudia Golden