Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome Obama!!!


One of the highlight's of the inauguration was Rev. Lowery's benediction. Here is the ending. I thought it was the right thing for a rather sober, but good speech from Obama.

....Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around . . .

. . . when yellow will be mellow . . .

. . . when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. Let all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.

..And every one of the million and a half people did. ...Amen.

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I totally agree, my heart soars!



Hows our colab coming? I haven't started my board canvas yet.

Syd said...

Colab is coming...I have sewn the envelopes. I keep changing my mind about the canvas....do we need a theme?

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hi Syd,
No theme needed, well, except for "wild and crazy",,, or silly,,,,, just give it the Syd touch!
I started painting the background on my canvas last night via Jesse style.