Wednesday, July 09, 2008

July 4th weekend.....


I am still recouping but it was a great weekend. The fire in Goleta's outskirts slowed things down at the show...and we were concerned all day...but it went all right. It was so close to Hwy 154....You can see the smoke in my review mirror...My buddy Mary basically lives on the right side of this road and up the hill and this is where the fire was the closest to the highway....SCARY!

They canceled our fireworks here, I guess because our firemen were busy.

The next day I moved to a new spot at the Los Alamos Antique Mall...I call in Lala...I share a spot and had lots of help from Earl, Lansing and Colleen...it still took the whole day.

Then Sunday Carol and I did the Dino Cave Art in the Park in Shell Beach. Great day at the beach with our new pop up for shade.
Met some nice people, fun music and saw some new artists....almost more artists than people...I got to see Gregory, Mike's grandson, that was born the same day as Madison.

Here is a purchase I made last week....Ruth had a good time dressing our new friends at the ART CLINIC...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatcha gonna do with these models? great pic of the smoke in the rearview mirror.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Wow, great post. I am so glad they have those fires under control now.

Your event looks great.

I finally re-did my blog banner, I think you would like it.....?

I liked seeing all your work over on flickr!
xo...