Thursday, October 05, 2006

not much interesting going on

I entered some art shows lately. Got one painting in one of them. It will be at the Elverhoj Museum Gallery after the Queen of Arts Show that is there. I sold one painting at Dinosaur Caves half price. This was my last show there so I marked all the painting half price. It rained...always helpful at an outdoor event...I was lucky to have a friend there with an extra easy-up.

I am sooo busy. I am an inspector again for the election on top of everything else. I have been getting alittle sewing in and I have a list as long as my arm to get done this weekend.....I won't bore you with any more of this stuff.

Let me tell you about our Halloween plans...the background on Halloween at our house is that we have a different theme each year. One year we were Area 51 with smoke machine, alien autopsy and space ship. That was also the year Michael Jackson brought Jacko to our house. One year we turned the front yard into Survivor Island and one year we were all lesser known super heroes...I was super (fat) chicken, Jon was hotdog man and so on. One year we were all Dorothy and we turned the yard into Oz. We bar B Q hot dogs and sausage for the parents of the tricker treaters in the front yard and sit along the walk to get a good look at all the tricker treaters....Anyway this year we are going to celebrate Christmas early with Xmas lights and lawn ornaments and maybe a Santa's chair with us all dressed like Santa....with Xmas Carols playing and candy canes etc. Should be fun.

OK so if you want to see some great art check out Carol's site http://faceaday.blogspot.com/ She is doing a portrait a day! I am so amazed at what she does.

2 comments:

CarolK said...

Hey Syd, Thanks for the encouragement and the plug!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gawd! Halloween at your house sounds like total madness and GREAT fun!